The national members’ meeting of the Anna Lindh Foundation Hellenic Network took place in Thessaloniki the 8th and 9th of November 2019. Fotoessa, as an active member of the Anna Lindh Foundation Euromed Network, joined the transnational gathering of fellow members across Greece and participated in all meeting’s activities:
- The annual review of the network’s actions, a thorough needs’ analysis and relative focus meetings
- The presentation of the next 3 years’ plan and the upcoming meetings, collaborations and funding opportunities
- The restart of the members’ strategic communication and extroversion activities
- The election of the national network’s focal points’ coordinators
- An inspiring analysis on Greece’s – Turkey’s present relations, challenges and opportunities, from Prof Dimitrios Triantafyllou, Director of International Relations in Kadir Has University, Turkey
- A creative workshop on NGOs’ Capacity Building from YouthNEST organization, which encourages social innovation by making lifelong learning and meaningful experiences accessible to more people, such as Skill Development Trainings, Organisational Development, Design Thinking, Community Building and Systemic Impact.
The Hellenic Foundation is head and coordinator of the Greek National Network of Euro-Mediterranean Anna Lindh Foundation working to bring together civil society and citizens across the Mediterranean to build trust and improve mutual understanding. Co-head of the network is the non-profit organization “United Societies of Balkans”, which works for the realization of the objectives of the network. Fotoessa works on a national and transnational level for the realization of the ALF Network’s objectives, such as the promotion of intercultural dialogue, civil society and intercultural citizen education.