The weekend 10-12/09/2021 in the island of Rhodes, Fotoessa PC participated in the annual meeting of the national network of the Anna Lindh Foundation. The meeting was attended by representatives of member organisations of civil society from all over Greece. During the meeting we discussed about the report of last year’s activities, we set the goals for the coming year, we talked about what we think ALF should focus on, our member, Mrs Protogerou conducted an workshop on the handbook of the foundation on active citizenship and there were many parallel activities. 2021 was a difficult year for the proper functioning of the Greek network of the Anna Lindh Foundation, as many actions that were planned were either done online or were canceled due to the pandemic. For this reason, the priority of the Greek network was for the third national meeting to be held with physical presence, observing all protection measures as much as possible.
The third national meeting took place at the Accommodation of France, within the Medieval city of Knightly Rhodes in the presence of a significant number of representatives of the member bodies of the Greek network.
This meeting included:
1. Presentation of the Anna Foundation Lindh (activities of the three-year period, review
2. programme, exchange of good practices)
3. Presentation of the Hellenic Network of the Anna Foundation Lindh
4. Presentation of the member organizations present (purpose, mission, vision, fields of engagement)
5. Participation in a workshop (Capacity Building) entitled “Identity, Goals, Vision of the network. Planning of activities and actions of the national network for the next three years”
6. Photo exhibition and nomination of the winner of the photo competition
7. Visit to the New Wing of the Museum of Modern Greek Art
8. Presentation of the results of the Quo Vadis Euro-Med Civil Society project
9. Network Evaluation and Planning
As part of this meeting we had the opportunity to tour the Medieval city of Rhodes, visit important monuments and get to know the elements of the local cultural heritage!
Overall, it was a very interesting and constructive meeting, because it gave the opportunity to the actors to get to know each other, to be informed about the actions of the network and the opportunities it gives, to convey their issues and concerns, to exchange good and bad practices and to try to find common fields of cooperation.
*The three-day event was held in collaboration with the Focal Point of Island Greece, Michalis Kavouklis, from the organization “The House of Europe in Rhodes”.